|Project by Sandy||posted 01-14-2013 07:23 PM||1354 views||3 times favorited||8 comments|
It’s been a while since I uploaded any projects, but I finally completed Maia’s rocking horse (made of maple and cherry). I gave it to her last week. I was able to use the mdf patterns I made when I built grandson Ian's walnut and maple rocking horse. I decided that my shop needs a skyhook in order to be able to hold everything in the right position for assembly, as the angles from the body to the legs, and the legs to the rocker spreaders, and the rocker spreaders to the rockers just don’t want to make it easy to assemble the parts. Also, doing the saddles is my least favorite part, as it requires a lot of hand tool work with chisels along with a lot of sanding. This project gave me a chance to use lots of Festool products, including the Domino joiner, routers, sanders, etc. The best part was that Maia was really excited to get it, and she used every adjective a 2 1/2 year old could use to express her pleasure with her new rocking horse.