|Project by Carey Mitchell||posted 01-14-2013 11:15 AM||1356 views||8 times favorited||9 comments|
This replaced the original that looked like it had been done by a drunk with a sledge hammer and a 2 man crosscut saw.
There were some challenges when I removed the original. First, I learned why the room was so cold – there was a 1” gap between the brick and drywall, covered by a molding. I had to wrap the pediments around the edges of the bricks.
Second, had to carry the design of the bookcases that were in the house when we bought it.
Built it in 4 pieces and all the miters, and there were a lot of them, had to fit perfectly or it would have looked terrible – and I would never hear the last of it. Must have carried the sections in and out 50 times. When done, everything did fit perfectly !