|Project by shelly_b||posted 01-14-2013 10:37 AM||706 views||0 times favorited||8 comments|
A family member brought me a chair that was missing the middle spindle and asked if i could fix it. I have never turned anything that needed to match something but I thought I would give it a try. Since I didn’t have the missing spindle I didn’t know exactly what it looked like so I tried to match it to the sides. The color was weird and a little hard to match so I ended up using a couple coats of dark walnut followed by one of kona. It was finished with gloss poly. It looks lighter in some of the pics, I think it is due to the light reflecting of the new shine. It actually turned out better than I thought. The other issue was how long to make it b/c I could place the legs anywhere from 15in to 17in apart and still have it sit flat. So hopefully I got it right and it matches the other chairs!