|Project by Michael||posted 135 days ago||658 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
There are some projects you just can’t seem to get done, this one was no exception. It sat in my side room for almost a year half done before I finally finished it this past weekend. The main holdup was that I did not leave enough of a gap on the bottom of the drawer for a slide. I ended up putting the drawer on the table saw and just cutting it out and then making some ¾ square strips to hold the bottom in, half a$$ I know. The top is made from recycled fence boards and the thicker uprights came out of my grandfather’s lumber, which have some shotgun shot in. Notice the black walnut corbels as well. I wasn’t initially going to put a door on the bottom but later decided to mainly because of the highly figured walnut I found at my grandfathers over Christmas. I finished it with a coat of tung oil and three coats of oil based poly.
-- "A woodworking project is either a masterpiece or a POS" Dr. Lang