|Project by Pattyboy||posted 12-30-2012 08:10 PM||602 views||0 times favorited||2 comments|
Here’s a nightstand I made a few months ago for my oldest daughter. She picked a design she liked off of a google images search and picked the color and I went from there.
The carcass is made of some birch ply I had left over from some shop cabinets I made. The top was made from some curly-ish maple that I found in the regular maple pile at the hardwood lumber dealer. I tried to pop the grain with some honey amber aniline dye. I might try a darker stain next time. I used some seal-a-cell on top of that but might need something more durable on down the line. We’ll see how it holds up. The drawer fronts are made of MDF w rattle can spray finish.