|Project by johnstoneb||posted 12-25-2012 10:49 PM||1373 views||8 times favorited||10 comments|
I made two mallets for the swap.
the one on the left in the second picture is the one I ended up sending to
ShaneA. The one on the left had the more interesting grain but I screwed up making it so had to go with the other. It has some very interesting grain also.
The head is chechen and hickory with lead shot in pockets. The handle is oak and purpleheart, the wedges are made from the cutoffs on the handle when cutting it to fit. I originally wanted to make the woods line up on the handle and wedges. When that didn’t happen I decided the little bit of misalignment actually looked better. It came out weighing 20 oxz which is the 20 stamped on the head.
-- Bruce, Boise, ID