|Project by johnstoneb||posted 12-19-2012 06:38 PM||1461 views||4 times favorited||7 comments|
Did you ever have a project that nothing went right on. This desk was one of those. I built one years ago for my kids from a plan out of Woodsmith. I stumbled on that issue of Woodsmith looking for something else and thought that would make a good present for my grandson. That is when the problems started. I couldn’t find the hardware locally had to order it, drilled holes ccording to the plan should have checked the coresponding pieces before drilling them, of course when I went to bolt them up they were off. When I finished it I used water based poly and expected the grain to raise. When this got finished you could get slivers off the raised grain. Had to take it apart and start sanding with 150 again to knock the grain down. The only thing that went right was making the drawers. The finger joints came out very well, the bottom fit the groove and they glued up square.
Some times simple builds are the hardest.
-- Bruce, Boise, ID