|Project by Mikesawdust||posted 12-14-2012 09:32 PM||1007 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
This TV stand took a while to finish, the first top was walnut with inlays like the door panels but failed. I instead went with Alder and walnut trim. The door panels actually have inner and outer panels. The inner pannel was made with birdseye maple and paduke, I thien framed them with an outer panel of walnut. As you can see I haven’t installed the hinges and knobs yet. The doors were also rebuilt once as I really screwed up my first attempt, luckily I was able to pull the panels and reuse them. I was not very pleased with the stain I used on the plywood interior, never have found a stain I liked, but I couldn’t leave the plywood white. I also added a detail to the rear center to pass the wires passed the rear, I actually added it because I didn’t have a piece of walnut left long enough for the rear. I was going to join two pieces but didn’t like the idea of a joint in the middle, so I cut two pieces slightly short with a 45 on the ends and continued the profile with a roman ogie. This is shown in the last picture and I actually was very happy with the effect.