|Project by JAcker||posted 12-09-2012 07:09 PM||764 views||0 times favorited||1 comment|
My wife runs a gift shop and she needed a better way to display textiles, primarily tallit (Jewish prayer shawls). I started this months ago. I cut the wood, drilled the holes for the dowels, and never assembled it. Assembly was challenging because I lost my diagram in the interim and the non-load bearing pieces were pieces of wood that barely survived my efforts to resaw larger boards. There is also a really neat knot that I filled with blue epoxy and came out really nicely. Thankfully she did not ask me to match the finish to the built-in cabinets in the shop already.
The corners on the uprights are miter joints. Not the best way to do it, but it worked ok with some extra strips of wood clamped and glued in to reinforce them. I made some L-shaped wall mounts to keep it from tipping.
Finish with poly/BSO.