|Project by PaBull||posted 502 days ago||1475 views||13 times favorited||7 comments|
I needed some Christmas presents, so I check on LJ for ideas and found some of you guys with great looking nail balancing puzzles (thanks you guys!!!). My daughter brought home a long time ago, an old Windsor chair not worth the repair it would take to get it back to a dining table. I could not throw away the parts, so I have used them for several projects and here is another. Recycling is good.
The object is to balance the 9 loose nails on top of the one nail in the center.
Note that I used an odd number of loose nails to balance, this makes it a lot easier ta balance, specially when YOU have to show off.
1. The Final finished Nail Balancing Puzzle
2. The four puzzles I made for Christmas (with one with the solution)
3. I used a stain to match the fresh cut and lacquer and shellac to finish the puzzle
4. From 1 leg I was able to make 2 different shaped puzzles
5. Here the chair leg before and after.
I hope this gets you inspired for Christmas projects.
-- rhykenologist and plant grower