|Project by lumberjoe||posted 11-14-2012 06:25 PM||2796 views||2 times favorited||38 comments|
This came out like crap. None of the squares match up at all. I could use some tips on the glue up as that is where I failed.
The edge grain board was glued up and flattened perfectly. I then cut it into strips using my sled and cross cut blade. I arranged the pieces and did a dry fit with clamps. There were no gaps at all and it lined up perfectly. I made a jig out out melamine to aid with the glue up. It’s basically a platform with a fence on one side. Obviously it shifted when I glued it. It was tough to tell because of the squeeze out. By the time the squeeze out hardened up enough to scrape off and not smear into the rest of the board, it was too late to fix it.
The good news is my router plane worked well and made flattening it a breeze. The design isn’t great either but This was largely a proof of concept made from scraps, and I didn’t have high hopes.
-- Unplugged Woodworkers - https://www.facebook.com/groups/213418935481974/