|Project by JerryL||posted 05-06-2008 04:59 AM||1208 views||2 times favorited||5 comments|
This is something my wife has wanted for years and years. It took me about a year from design to completion – mostly procrastination on my part. The finish is tung oil and paste wax.
For her part she cried when it was finally finished. I’m glad she’s happy with it.
For my part I must say that some project work out the way you planned from beginning to end. The execution, assembly, finish, all work out the way you wanted. This one isn’t it for me. I learned a lot but the overall execution is such that I need to be careful how I look at the piece. There are glaring mistakes that I hid in the photos but it’s really bad in spots. I won’t go into the details but I feel like I made beginner mistakes at every step of the project.
Short of starting over I’m using each issue as a point of improvement for my next adventure. It means I need to work slower and make sure I get everything the way I want but in the end I’ll have something I’m proud of rather than something that’s doesn’t meet my standards.
Comments are welcome.
-- Jerry L.