|Project by Dave Rutan||posted 11-08-2012 05:20 PM||2190 views||31 times favorited||14 comments|
[Legebla ankaŭ en Esperanto]
This is a pair of matching expanding trivets I made for Christmas. I took the basic design from a commercially produced trivet I spotted in the grocery store. Theirs was bamboo and metal tubes. Mine is all wood. I used some of the scrap dresser wood I scored a short time ago. I’ve got plenty left. Once you figure out the size, spacing and orientation of the holes these are quite easy to make.
The finish is tea stain followed by vinegar/rust. These were applied by placing the trivets in a large freezer bag with the solution and shaking them up. Final finishing was a coat of linseed oil.
My projects got delayed a bit by Hurricane Sandy. We were very lucky. Our power was only out for 11 hours, but we ended up hosting a few family members, plus I try not to do major woodworking when the family is in the house because of the noise and dust.
-- - Ni faru ion el ligno!