|Project by Elizabeth||posted 11-05-2012 02:53 AM||1439 views||3 times favorited||14 comments|
I wanted to make a teether for my son, so I whipped this up today from a scrap piece of maple. I made a second one for a neighbour’s boy of the same age. No finish, but a lot of sanding, raising grain with water and re-sanding.
I ended up hand-sanding the corners to round them sufficiently. I’d rounded the pieces generally with the router, but the corners ended up pretty sharp. The belt sander was too aggressive in taking off material.
I tried to get a good “in use” photo but my model was too distracted.