|Project by Edward Pickney||posted 10-29-2012 02:00 PM||1130 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
The kitchen took longer than expected but that’s not unusual for me. The biggest mistake I made was using cherry paneling for facefronts instead of veneer. I did use a small amount of veneer but everything would have been much qucker if I had used all veneer on facefronts. Everything is cherry now including paneling ,doors, casing, base , crown molding and drawer fronts. I did put a little piece of purple heart on each drawer front to try my skill at inlaying. I put finger pulls on all drawers using a 3/4 inch cove bit on the router. I added a cherry pot hanger to add an accent and cherry cornice to accent the kitchen window. Sprayed everything in the shade beside the shop. Three coats of lacquer on all woodwork except doors and drawers (a few more on them). Went with Silestone or quartz from HD on counter tops. I added a few electrical receptacles which added a little time. And finally when I removed the old paneling there was no sheet rock underneath so 1/2 ” sheetrock was added for support and soundproofing.
-- Ed- firstname.lastname@example.org