|Project by MarkTheFiddler||posted 633 days ago||830 views||0 times favorited||10 comments|
I found a solid oak couch in a dumpster behind a donation center. No feet. About 2 months ago, I found these legs on a recliner a neighbor was throwing away. I quickly confiscted them. They were beat all to heck and the finish was to dark. I got out the English polish then I thought to myself. “Turn in your Lumberjocks card.”
I decided to try a little sanding but I realized it would take 7 or 8 hours. I could buy them for $100 so it didn’t make sense to blow an entire Saturday. I grabbed a 220 grit abrasive wheel and attached it a drill. I started flaying the finish off. After a couple of minutes I gave the foot an inspection and liked the rustic look.
The legs are imperfectly sanded and have five coats of tug oil rubbed in.
They look like pumpkins so Happy Halloween.
-- Thanks for all the lessons!