|Project by pendledad||posted 10-23-2012 05:46 PM||2894 views||4 times favorited||8 comments|
I needed to build 4 radiator covers for the upstairs rooms. We have steam heat, and the radiators can burn within an instant if you grab them. Anyways, this project was a lot of fun. It goes hand and hand with my review of the Kreg Jig system, because I used pocket holes for all the joinery.
Luckily all the covers were the same height, so I only had to adjust the measurements for the depth and length. I decided on the metal grates over the wooden slats because it would save me a lot of time as the cold weather is approaching.
I am putting foil reflective insulation against the walls and the underside of the top so the heat comes out the grates. They’re all attached to the wall with a 3/4” plywood french cleat that I made with my circular saw.
Unfortunately, my table saw and band saw bit the dust during this project … read more about it in my blog.
1.) Finished bathroom cover. Nice tight fit to the wall.
2.) Paint complete, ready for metal grates.
3.) A sneak peak at the joinery.
4.) Glue up on the TS surface.
5.) Test fitting my son’s room.
6.) Union jack style decorative mesh for our bedroom. Kids got finer mesh screens so they can’t stick their fingers through the holes.