|Project by teenagewoodworker||posted 05-01-2008 01:03 AM||2331 views||0 times favorited||11 comments|
Well here’s the mahogany Thank you card that i made for another woodworker who helped me out a lot. as the title says its made out of mahogany that i had around the shop. You can see me build it in my thank you card blog too. Other than that there’s not much more to say about it. The top piece was inspired by Norm Abrams Queen Anne Style Highboy and the head piece is based on the bonnet style crown molding. The finish is as follows.
1. General Finishes Vintage Cherry Dye Stain
2. De-waxed Shellac ( I used Sealcoat for all the De-waxed Shellac) a. Then I routed out the message
3. De-waxed Shellac (in the message)
4. General Finishes Pitch Black Glaze (put in the message with a detail brush
5. De-waxed Shellac
6. 4 coats of General Finishes Arm-R-Seal
Well i hope that everyone likes this project. it was a really fun one for me to make and i really learned a lot as i really went out on a limb and tried a lot of new things to make this project!