|Project by KnotCurser||posted 10-14-2012 11:43 PM||2286 views||7 times favorited||10 comments|
This project certainly goes into the “if it’s worth doing, it’s worth over-doing” category. :-)
I outgrew my older scrollsaw blade holder I built and posted here over a thousand days ago.
I COULD have made a simple blade holder – just some boring holes in a 2×4 or something. It would have sufficed – but I will be looking at this thing far into the future every time I change a blade!
So, I dug into my scrap bin and found a nice chunk of teak I had on-hand as well as a scrap of walnut leftover from an older project and went to work.
I used most of by forstner bits on the divider to give it an industrial look.
It holds 20 tubes of blades – that ought to be enough for now. AND, if I have to use more, I can always use the old one! ;-)
Finish on this one was a coat of clear Danish oil and then a few spray coats of lacquer.
Enjoy – I certainly will!
-- Robert Rhoades WoodWorks / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / www.rhoadesclan.com