|Project by bluekingfisher||posted 10-11-2012 07:17 PM||5384 views||19 times favorited||22 comments|
I spent a couple of weekends building this baffle for my dust collection system.
Made from MDF, threaded 10mm stud, 115mm sewerage pipe and 150mm air vent duct for the output hose side. I will hook this up to the 150mm port on the DC rather than use one of the two 100m ports on the plastic spiggot
the Black sewerage pie is 115mm or 4 1/2 ” so I had to make an adaptor to fit the 4” hose. I did this by cutting a 4” section off the end of the black pipe and cut a vertical slice on one sideapprox 3mm wide on the bandsaw. You can see the seam in one of the photographs. When you squeeze it back together it fits snuggly inside the 4 1/2” pipe. It held the seam joint and welded it in place using plumbers plastic pipe weld cement, works great.
It is to fit a 200 litre drum so I hope it works ok when I go to set it all up.
Thanks for looking.
-- No one plans to fail, they just, just fail to plan