|Project by luv2learn||posted 10-07-2012 12:36 AM||10741 views||44 times favorited||15 comments|
Some time ago I posted my homemade “drum sander” http://lumberjocks.com/projects/62826. Since then I have made a few improvements to my original design. First, I never liked the table lifting mechanism, a piece of all thread. The table was too heavy and the all tread was too hard to turn. So, I made a scissor jack style lift modeled after my car jack. Now the table is easy to lift and easy to micro adjust.
The second thing I did was to design some material hold downs by spring loading some conveyor rollers I had laying around. I did this primarily to help hold down thin veneer stock. It worked well once I figured out the proper spring tension. I don’t use the hold downs for thicker stock so I remove them.
My last upgrade was to utilize the space under the table so I made a storage cabinet to hold my skill saws. I have more empty space to fill but that will be another project some day.
-- Lee - Northern idaho~"If the women don't find you handsome, at least they ought to find you handy"~ Red Green