|Project by BarryW||posted 04-27-2008 12:42 AM||3264 views||3 times favorited||7 comments|
Yesterday, I did my first test runs cutting with my crosscut sled. It was off 1/32 over 10 inches. Not too accurate. In fact, disappointing. I thought that another board run through the jointer added with thumb screw micro-adjusters would be the trick. Let me think about that over night. Not a bad idea. Over night I realized I had 2 faces on my crosscut sled. If I turned it around…maybe the other side was square and would produce square results. That would mean I would have to change the router table/slotted section to the other side of the saw. (Yeah, a better saw with milled utility grooves would be the best…but no bucks.) So anyway, after dreaming and solving this problem all night, I went to garage and turned it around. First test…not great but promising. Maybe a better fence stop. Second test. And I threw my Starrett square on that block….well, for me it was accurate. Square…all four corners and across the faces and sides. Like it’s suppose to be. Problem solved. Third project down.
-- /\/\/\ BarryW /\/\/\ Stay so busy you don't have time to die.