|Project by dingle||posted 10-01-2012 01:43 AM||669 views||0 times favorited||2 comments|
This is another project I started several months ago. I was in need of a small parting tool and could not find one the size I wanted. My friend and LJ Pal purchased the parting blade exactly what I wanted. He assisted me in making the needed hardware to install the blade into the handle. I started on this and approximately 1.5 hours lated I completed the project. Needless to say I did have a problem when cutting off the end to remove it from the lathe. I meant to stop prior to it being cut through but was too late, consequently it came out of the lathe and fell to the floor after hitting the lathe and marring the handle, fortunately I was able to get it back into the lathe and finishing it again after sanding the handle a second time, beginning with 80 grit and finishing with 400 grit. I finished the handle with Triple E and Shelawax. I now have the parting tool I wanted, THANK YOU JIM!!!!