|Project by JoeyG||posted 09-24-2012 04:22 PM||1338 views||1 time favorited||27 comments|
I started this box close to a year ago. I had to let the burl dry out, then I got stuck on the lid. I finally decided a simple shape would work best. The inlays ended up being more of a challenge than I expected, but that’s what makes it fun. I used SOSS hinges with no lift. I tried about 600 different ideas for a lift/handle but they all took away from the box instead of adding to it. For this one, you simple lift the front of the lid and it’s lifts nice and easy.
The inside of the lid and the bottom will be lined with a emerald green microfiber as soon as I find the color I want. I am having a bit of trouble with finding the color I want for it. Once I find the liner material, I will add pics of it. Since the woodwork is done on this one, I count it as complete.
Thanks for taking a look and let me know what you think.
-- JoeyG ~~~ http://www.facebook.com/JHGWoodWorks