|Project by Gshepherd||posted 456 days ago||2589 views||2 times favorited||4 comments|
My first completed stave vase. The first one just jumped off the chuck and went airborne across the shop. A lesson learned. Nothing spectatular. A Newbie turner. Walnut, H Maple, I did use Padauk for the Lip. Several coats of Danish oil and some wax to finish it up. I did the lip a little different so the flowers would stay closer together before they spread out. I did keep the walls to 1/4 inch thick. It is about 11” tall. It was given to an animal shelter to auction off to help feed some fuzzy critters. Next one I plan on putting a lid on it minus the shop dance of course.
-- What we do in life will Echo through Eternity........