|Project by SethJChristian||posted 09-12-2012 01:16 PM||18551 views||38 times favorited||15 comments|
I was browsing through Lumberjocks.com and I have noticed soo many great projects people have been building! and I happen to be a big fan of home built jigs, tables, and equipment. So I figured why not start my first Lumberjocks.com project with a much needed new table for my drill press!
- Over the past two days I have been looking through all the Drill Press tables everyone’s built here on Lumberjocks and I have found tons of great tables different people have built. So I decided to start my journey by taken notes from versus designs I have found on this great site! (witch I have found very helpful in this build.)
- The table is built from 3/4” MDF
- Table is 15” wide and 12” deep
- The fence is 15” wide and 3” tall
To build this table I used my router table with a Plunge 3/8 Diameter 2 FLUTE bit. set to 1cm depth to router out the straight channels.
- The channels are 3” from the edges on 3 of the sides
- The center insert is a square piece of MDF 3×3” set off center from the drill head (This allows me to use all four corners of the insert rather than one area.)
The hardware I used happened to be hardware I had leftover from past projects.
- x4 Bolts
- x4 Washers
- x4 Nuts
- x2 L brackets
I hope you enjoy the photos I have posted and If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment!
-- Seth Christian - Canada, British Columbia