|Project by emtwoodworker||posted 09-10-2012 12:34 AM||4455 views||11 times favorited||27 comments|
Here is a project that I recently completed. I was very hesitant about taking this job because I didn’t care much for the concept and wasn’t sure how it would all work out. All in all I’m pleased with the final product however I don’t think this is one that I’ll be replicating. I built 3 units however the customer is only using 2 for now. It’s birch plywood with GF brown mahagony stain and 4 coats of GF high performance poly. The books on the ceiling are held in place with 1/4” acrylic.
The customer installed them. I believe they are lag bolted to the ceiling joists, at least that’s what I instructed them to do.