|Project by bigogre||posted 08-31-2012 04:32 PM||1904 views||11 times favorited||13 comments|
Made some minor changes to the last ones that I did.
Made the box smaller overall, not by much. 1/2 inch or so smaller in hight to 3 1/2
The biggest changes are with the bow. Took the thickness down to 1/8th, and put an extra two stripes in the glue up. II am really pleased with the results.
Another change is in technique… instead of sanding the inside corners of the bows, I tried to carve them instead. Worked really well, and took much less sanding than last time.
Woods used… gummy cherry, lacewood, for the box. Curly maple and padauk bow. lacquer finish.
-- Putting the "mental" in experimental since 1973