|Project by Mark A. DeCou||posted 04-19-2008 11:33 PM||4436 views||0 times favorited||8 comments|
This knife was given as a “gift” payment for putting me and my family up for a few days on a Texas Vacation.
Although this one is “Gone”, I can make another that is similar, email me and we can discuss it.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Handle: Elk Naturally Shed Antler with Rosette, or crown cap.
Handguard: Yellow Brass
Blade: Deep Curved Skinner style, 1” wide, 4-1/8” long, 5/32” thick, 6A Stainless Steel
Display Stand: Rustic figured Walnut with Deer Shed Antlers for uprights.
Here are some more photos:
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
What is ”Scrimshaw” you say?
Go to this blog, for a thorough discussion and examples of my past work:
If you like knives, here are some other LJ project postings of knives I have built:Damascus Steel Hunting Knives:
- Elk Antler with Turquoise Nugget Custom Knife
- Sitka Deer Antler & Turquoise Nugget Custom Knife
- Large Damascus Steel Blade Custom Knife with Antler, Turquoise and Brass
- Custom Hunting Knife with Elk Shed Antler Handle, Ivory, Scrimshaw, and Hand-forged Damascus Blade
- Custom Knife with Damascus Steel Blade & Whitetail Deer Shed Antler
- Custom Art Knives, set of three with Damascus Steel Blades and Scrimshaw artwork
- Elk Antler & Fossilized Walrus Six (6) Piece Steak Knife set in a box
- Elk Antler & Scrimshaw Steak Knives for the Gold Bar Dining Room in Las Vegas
- Deer Crown Antler Steak Knife Set and Box with Turquoise Inlay
- Custom Folding Knife with Zebra Wood, Abalone, and Scrimshaw Ready
- Custom Folding Knife: Elk Antler Handle, Turquoise Stone, Abalone, Nautical Scrimshaw Artwork
- Custom Folding Knife with Elk Naturally Shed Antler Handle
- Commemorative Bowie Knife with Whitetail Deer Shed Antler Handle for a Retiring Navy Seal Veteran
- A Young Soldier's Commemorative Hunting Knife, with Elk Antler Handle and Scrimshaw Artwork
- Custom Hunting Knife with Elk Naturally Shed Antler Handle
- Custom Deep Cut Skinner Hunting Knife with Elk Naturally Shed Antler Handle
- Skinning Knife, with Gut Hook, Elk Natural Shed Antler Handle
- Custom Knife; Frontier Bowie with Elk Naturally Shed Antler Handle
Here is my website page with knives:
Mark DeCou Studio Knife Page Website
(Note: All photos, project design, and text is protected by copyright 2007-2012 by the author M.A. DeCou, all rights reserved, no unauthorized use of this material in whole, or part is allowed without expressed written permission.)
Thanks for looking,
-- Mark DeCou - American Contemporary Craft Artisan - www.decoustudio.com