|Project by Walnut_Weasel||posted 08-21-2012 04:41 PM||1037 views||1 time favorited||8 comments|
I just finished this table today! The top is hard maple finished with several coats of super blonde shellac and one thin coat of arm-r-seal. The chickadee was an inlay pattern I purchased from Grizzle; however, the flower and extra branch are my own design. The base is walnut finished with garnet shellac and wax. I cut the detail at the bottom of the aprons with a scratch stock that I cut and shaped. I glued the mortise and tenons together with liquid hide glue and the top is attached to the base with figure eights.
Although it took me a long time to build this I am extremely happy with how well it turned out. Inlay into solid wood is a long process, but I am happy with how well it turned out!
-- James - www.walnutweasel.wordpress.com