|Project by Jason™||posted 07-30-2012 06:39 PM||3755 views||2 times favorited||6 comments|
We purchased a portable AC unit back in the spring of the year and when it arrived I was quick to get it hooked up and installed in our window in the living room of our small town house. My other half as most would call em did not want a window unit this year and had been looking around for a portable one so we could at least open the window for some fresh air in the cool evenings.
Well the kit that came with the unit was a few pieces of plastic that was supposed fit in the window without any trouble at least that is what the host pitched to everyone on QVC. Lets just say it did not fit well at all and there were large gaps in the top and bottom of it when we had it in the window. The hose connector part that went to the kit seemed to fit in the hole at first but as we removed it a few times in the evenings we noticed the next morning it became more and more of a challenge to keep it from coming loose.
So I made my own out of a piece of old white board I had lying around. I been practicing using different types of stains lately and I really like the walnut color on almost everything I have been trying to make. Probably not the best choice of finish for something that is going to be exposed to extreme sunlight and rain. But we will see how it goes. The second picture is the junk plastic piece that was supposed to be a good fit for any newer model window.
-- Im all night long!! all night .. all night .. ALL NIGHT LONG