|Project by thewoodworker01||posted 07-28-2012 06:50 PM||1721 views||4 times favorited||8 comments|
About 2 years ago I build my mother a clock. It was made out of oak with a cherry stain on it. (Not this one). (Mine you, I’m 15) I showed my grandmother the clock I built and she just loved it. So of couse she wanted one. My first clock that I built was completely my own design, so on this one I completely redesigned it and added the features that I wanted. So after about 1 month of on/off designing I came up with the new design. As you can see in the pictures. I didn’t have my workshop then, so a neighbor was willing to help me. After about 3 months of working on weekends, we finially were able to put the first coat of lacquer on it. There is a total of 3, I believe. We gave the new clock to my grandmother on Easter of 2011. She loved it. The clock movements came from Klockit as well as the face, hands, weights, and finials. After we finished it, we noticed that the clock was very top heavy. We had another neighbor of ours weld us 2 pieces of 1/4” steel plate together to give us one big heavy 1/2” plate. We mounted that under the base so it would be out of sight. Now the clock is extremely bottom heavy. Not going to tip over now. I definitely had fun building this project, It was a challenge for me. As I haven’t really built anything this big, at the time.
Thanks for looking, If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.
-- Most people say "Measure Twice, Cut Once." I say, "Cut Twice, Measure Once".