|Project by Don W||posted 627 days ago||2664 views||5 times favorited||9 comments|
This has been on my list for a long time. I have actually been hoping to pick up a Stanley #66 for a somewhat reasonable price (reasonable for me usually means cheap). With that not happening, the next step was to make one. I’ve seen a few shop made beaders, and they all work, but I decided to make mine slightly different.
Its made from an old broom handle. The body is a scrap piece of oak.
The blades are made from an old hand saw that was beyond restoration. I went to the shop a little while ago to make a 2 bead blade, but decided to have a Jack and write the blog instead.
Thanks for stopping by.
-- There is nothing like the sound of a well tuned hand plane. - http://timetestedtools.wordpress.com (timetestedtools at hotmail dot c0m)