|Project by Rick M.||posted 07-16-2012 08:58 AM||1008 views||2 times favorited||5 comments|
My wife wanted a ukulele so I made one! It sounds better than I expected considering the very small body.
Poplar neck, sides and kerfing inside the body.
Walnut fretboard, bridge, nut and inlay in the headstock.
Southern yellow pine top and back.
Copper wire frets.
The apron is a piece of aluminum bar stock that just happened to fit perfectly. Not shown but there are copper wire fret markers on the side of the neck. The dowels I used for fret markers did not turn out quite as nice as I hoped; next time I will just leave them out.
-- |Statistics show that 100% of people bitten by a snake were close to it.|