|Project by Sheldon||posted 04-13-2008 09:03 PM||1340 views||1 time favorited||18 comments|
Well I had some Walnut that I salvaged from my parents house last year… I sealed the ends trying to make blanks for bowls… One of the pieces cracked in half,,, but other than that looked good. I have a friend Reed whose birthday has come up,,, so I cut a blank for a coffee mug out of half of it.
When hollowing the piece out, I find out that it still has some moisture in it… I figured it would.
So once I started turning, I knew I would have to finish it soon. Three hours later and I have what you
see here. I went with a tung oil finish, three coats. That brought out the grain of the wood really well.
Wednesday I will give it to him…..
I still have not purchased a burner to put name year and wood on the bottom of my creations. All the ones I have looked at seem to be expensive. I have to just break down and get one….....
-- Technology is great - when it works......... the Lord is great always.