|Project by MT_Stringer||posted 309 days ago||2138 views||5 times favorited||8 comments|
I just finished my new work bench. It is designed to replace my old table which I used as an outfeed table and assembly table.
- All frame members are constructed using 2×10’s ripped to the width needed.
- The top is part of a 1 3/4 inch solid core door with white Formica glued on with contact cement.
- Legs are two 2×3’s glued and screwed together. I drilled, glued and installed a 5/8 inch x 3 inch bolt in each leg. Two 5/8 nuts are glued into the leg. It is a snap to adjust the table height using this method.
- The framework is also 2 x material glued and fastened together with 5/16 inch x 3 inch lag screws. Whew! Thank goodness I have an impact wrench.
- The lower shelf is made from reclaimed pallet boards that I planed and ripped. They cleaned up pretty nice. When I nailed them in, I spaced each board the width of a 12 penny nail so it they need to swell, so be it.
For more details of this build, check out my blog.
Hope you like it.