|Project by skennedy||posted 07-06-2012 06:13 PM||1021 views||0 times favorited||2 comments|
This is the beginnings of my newest project. While scavenging the beach for driftwood after last winters storms, I found a large chunk of cedar that washed up. It had a nice piece off of one side that looked like it would split off nice and clean and possibly make a nice garden bench for my wife. When I got it home and cleaned it up, I pictured it sitting in it’s own cradle like a piece of art instead of four pegs poking out of the bottom. We shall see if it looks as nice in reality as it does in my imagination.
The hard part is almost finished here. Taking a rough piece of driftwood and making the split side nice and flat.
I finished planning down the split side and placed a few decorative butterflies over the largest cracks and replaned everything flat and flush.
-- Shawn Kennedy