|Project by jerrells||posted 07-05-2012 01:37 PM||1410 views||1 time favorited||5 comments|
This is a fretwork clock that I just finished. There is more than a little story behind this one. Originally I used one type of finish on the clock and thought I was through. Well the next morning when I looked at it the finish was horrable. Runs, light and dark spots and generally unacceptable. I posted on my BLOG to try and find an answer. Very good responses all around. I had said when I started making projects that they would be the best I could produce, no short cuts and no cover ups. I had two choices. Try and sand the finish off or start over. Well as the sanding idea could not hurt so I tried that. The sanding worked great and what turned out is a very interesting finish. Inside the fret cuts the old stain remains and is darker and the faces, with new stain, is lighter. Those who have seen it like the interesting contrast. It has a picture frame style back and a simple clock insert.
This item will be placed in The Crafter’s Co-op, the store where I sell most of my product.
Thanks for looking.
-- Just learning the craft my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ practiced.