|Project by SPHinTampa||posted 616 days ago||2283 views||10 times favorited||13 comments|
Using plans from Fine Wood Working, I built a gift for a special lady – my mom. The full blog of it's construction is also on lumber jocks.
It is built using Jatoba (Brazilian Cherry) for the body, curly maple for the interior, popular for the secondary wood and Amboyna Burl veneer for the door panel.
Construction details include:
- Veneered frame and panel door with mortise and loose tenon joints (details here)
- MCLS thru dovetail template for the case work (details here)
- Incra jig for drawer dovetails (details here)
- Custom moulding nailed to case (details here)
- Scroll cut feet (details here)
Case has a false back with two secret compartments … one hidden the upper molding and one concealed drawer at the back. False back is accessed by pulling out the lower drawer, using interior handle to slide panel up and tiliting panel out to clear bottom groove.
It is finished with tung oil.
-- Shawn, I ask in order to learn