|Project by NikBrown||posted 06-29-2012 02:20 PM||1454 views||2 times favorited||2 comments|
We’ve had a number of Shepard Fairey prints sitting around the house for a while and I finally got around to framing them.
I made the frames out of some cherry boards I had that were mostly sapwood. They were then stained with General Finishes Dark Brown water based dye and finished with satin polly.
During their construction I decided to try a joint I had never done before, a half lap miter. I must say I love this joint. It takes a bit longer to cut, but it makes the glue up so easy! The frames square themselves and dont slip under clamping pressure!!!
The edge profile was created using a panel raising bit.
-- http://digitalwoodworker.com/ - Where woodworking and technology somehow get along.