|Project by MonteCristo||posted 06-13-2012 03:43 AM||1525 views||2 times favorited||5 comments|
I made quite a few mistakes in making this tea tray but it ended up looking not too bad. The beautiful piece of claro walnut used for the bottom helped.
The inlay came about when I screwed up one of the cuts in the sides for the slot that holds the floating bottom. I added the upper bit of inlay to try and disguise why the other inlay way there. The inlay is spalted maple.
The last photo shows how the floating bottom is pinned so it stays centered. The brass srews are a bit clunky looking – next time I will likely use brass escutcheon pins.
This is a very handy tray and has been in use for about 5 years now.
-- Dwight - "Free legal advice available - contact Dewey, Cheetam & Howe""