|Project by willie||posted 06-06-2012 12:54 PM||1089 views||0 times favorited||7 comments|
This project started last week when I was helping a friend cut some firewood. He had a cherry tree blow down. As I was cutting I found a bump on a log, not a burl, just a bump. I cut it off and took it home. Yesterday I decided to see what was inside. It’s a lot of fun turning green wood but I am concerned about this bowl cracking. It’s turned thin enough to see light through it and I used as much heat as I could to dry it while spinning. It’s finished with lacquer and so far, no cracks. There’s still some more to cut up so I may get some more.
-- Every day above ground is a good day!!!