|Project by DocK16||posted 06-05-2012 02:58 AM||1333 views||1 time favorited||10 comments|
Just finished this cherry craddle couple days ago and have been letting it soak up some UV rays. You can almost see it change to a darker red each day. I built one of these before but out of walnut. In keeping with my desire to never build the same exact project more than once I changed the design of the legs to a Queen Ann style. I will have to admit I bought the small spindles from Rockler which made this project go pretty fast. Once the desighn of the legs was accomplished it only took a couple weekends. I used Charles Neil ’s antibloching formula, I have found this to be very effective on cherry. Followed this by 3 coats of poly and one coat of wax.
-- Common sense is so rare anymore when you do see it, it looks like pure genius.