|Project by ayryq||posted 05-27-2012 12:14 PM||1060 views||1 time favorited||3 comments|
With my new table saw, I set out to make shutters. My goal here was to make them as cheap as possible. So, the shutters are pine construction lumber – the frames are 2×4 studs (I think each shutter took one stud) and the panels are 1×10 I think. I figured I’d run into problems using single wide boards for the panels, but it’s been five years now and last time I drove by they looked good still.
I raised the panels on the table saw and found that both scary and unsatisfactory (but it worked). Most of them fit pretty tightly into the grooves on the frames; they’re kind of wedged in place even though I didn’t fix them in with glue or anything.
Sealed then painted with primer and exterior latex, held to the house with some Really Long Screws.
I couldn’t find any pictures without me in it. Sorry!