|Project by ayryq||posted 05-27-2012 11:49 AM||1118 views||3 times favorited||4 comments|
Covering a whole wall. I put outlets and a heating duct in the base. The adjustable (unpainted in the pictures) shelves are on recessed track but they don’t actually adjust very well because they are (slightly) different widths for the top and the bottom. Oops.
Part of the purpose was to cover a really awful, crumbly, wallpapered wall.
I bought a table saw and a router while doing this project. I had two helpers when I “ripped” the plywood into 1’x8’ sections and I had all kinds of trouble with the fence of my new table saw (Bosch 4100 jobsite saw) moving with all the force against it. I wound up backing it with some C-clamps so it wouldn’t scooch on me. Five years later now, and I still don’t really like that fence very much.
It took me forever; I finished this room just as we were putting our house on the market. I hope the guy who bought my house has as many books as I did.