|Project by jayray||posted 05-21-2012 06:04 PM||3121 views||2 times favorited||1 comment|
When each of my daughters were born, my grandmother made a quilt for them. They seemed too nice to get peed on, etc. So, I made a quilt rack for each of them. The design is quite simple, it is two boards that have knobs through them and those are used to clamp them together on the quilt. Getting the quilt in position is a little tricky.
These are pics of the last two that I made. They are cherry with slightly different finishes. The first three pics are a combination of a dye stain, 1 coat of garnet shellac, followed by multiple coats of blonde shellac (and a little orange dye mixed in). The other 3 pics are BLO followed by multiple coats of garnet shellac.