This is a project from 2 years ago. My daughter saw a dollhouse book case at a local store and wanted one. However, I just couldn’t bring myself to spend almost $260 on a bookcase that I new could have easily been built for a fraction of the cost. So this is the result. It’s the first bookcase I ever built so I wasn’t too ambitious – no dado joinery (shelves are held up with pins), no fancy trim or edge treatment, simple white paint finish with some painted accents. The “windows” I cut in the side were done with my jig saw (didn’t have a plunge router at the time) so they are not the smoothest. To cover the jagged edges from the jigsaw cuts, I used the wide craft sticks (tongue depressors :-)) to frame out the windows. Looked ok. Since then I’ve learned to do so much more and know that I could build this so much better – at least in my opinion. However, when I suggested to my 4 year old that I build her a new bookcase she didn’t want to hear it – she loved her bookcase and didn’t want a new one. That’s when I knew I had done something right.