|Project by JR_Dog||posted 373 days ago||734 views||2 times favorited||4 comments|
So I’d priced out a new well cover at a local home and garden center at almost 200 bucks. I decided to try my luck using my pallet wood I’d harvested over the last month or so; thank you pallet reclamation tool – if any of you are wondering what that is check my projects and you’ll see it. But after dismantling about 6 or 7 pallets I built this little bugger. Our current well cover had served it’s purpose but was about 13 years old and the weather all but destroyed it. So it’s headed to the fire pit and this is the new one.
I used metal strapping roll on the inside of the circular base so it was hidden when I rolled it and connect it. The lines and measurements are certainly not exact since I was trying to make it look nice but rustic. Everything, with the exception of the wooden dowel bucket hanger and two pieces of 3/4” plywood for the base and internal stabilizers, is pallet wood. With the screws, dowel, plywood (Which I had laying around), this project cost me about 25 bucks; (200 – 25 = 175 savings; wahoo!!!)
*This is dedicated to Martyroc (Martin) – When I was off the site for a while he reached out and said he would like to see another project made from pallets; here ya go Martin!
Thanks for checking it out!
-- The Best Intentions Bring Undoubtabliy Something Less But Nontheless Something..."