|Project by Cory||posted 05-17-2012 01:01 PM||2684 views||3 times favorited||8 comments|
Over the past few weeks I’ve knocked out a few projects around the house. Thought someone might find them useful or interesting:
1. Window box for front of our house. My wife asked for a window box outside our kitchen window. Made from cedar, painted black to match our front door and some other planters. It’s about 66” wide, about 10” deep.
2. Floating shelves in our bathroom. Again, wife asks and I oblige. Made from poplar stained with General Finishes Java gel stain. Turned out looking a lot like walnut.
3. Tray for bathroom. Wife asks….noticing a theme? We wanted a better way to organize some vanity top items and this is what I came up with. Solid walnut throughout. Finished with wipe on poly and wax. Tray measures about 10” x 14”.
4. Door bell. We got a new puppy and are training him to ring a bell when he wants to go outside. I couldn’t just slap something together, so I used maple and hand cut dovetails. This little project makes me smile every time I see it.
5. Laundry room drying rack. built from big box 1×3’s and dowels. Now we can hang a bunch of clothes in a small space. The rack folds up when not in use to take up less space.
Thanks for looking.
-- The secret to getting ahead is getting started.