|Project by mafe||posted 05-17-2012 01:12 AM||10618 views||11 times favorited||25 comments|
Japanese planing board
This post comes from my Japanese planing board blog.
It all started by me reading Toshio Odate’s book ‘Japanese woodworking tools their tradition spirit and use’, and now since I have moved to a new location where I at least for a while will have no workshop, the story will continue since I plan on using Japanese tools and methods in the meantime.
The sketch for my go on the planing board.
1. Me planing away on the test run of the bench – I really like using it.
2. Winding sticks to determine the high and low spots.
3. Scrub, flatten and smooth – Scandinavian, American, Japanese.
4. Using the bench stop.
5. My added shooting board feature.
6. I like it so much that it got a place in the living room.
I hope this could be to some inspiration, perhaps some planing boards.
-- MAD F, the fanatical rhykenologist and vintage architect. Democraticwoodworking.